iProven Fertility Kit Review
Who doesn’t love a brand that offers different options that you don’t need to drive yourself nuts looking over several websites or local stores to find the products you need to support your trying-to-conceive journey?
If you’re trying to conceive and you’re not really sure about your fertile window, an ovulation kit might help you pinpoint it. Besides using an ovulation kit, you might want to track your basal body temperature (bbt) with a thermometer designed for this purpose so that you can determine whether ovulation actually occurred.
By using a both an ovulation predictor kit and a bbt thermometer, you have a head start to understanding your cycles better and increasing your chances of conceiving. And if you have a fertility kit that also includes a pregnancy test, you can find out whether you finally got pregnant as per your expectations. The iProvèn brand is one of those brands that offers all of these.
This iProvèn kit is ideal if you’re looking for a tool to test ovulation and early pregnancy. It offers you a cost effective method of natural family planning, as the ovulation test strips are a non-invasive way of helping you to be aware of your fertility.
- It comes with 50 ovulation test strips.
- It also includes and 20 pregnancy test strips.
- Both the ovulation and pregnancy strips are approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- It includes an easy-to-understand instruction manual.
- The kit is very affordable (less than 30 cents per strip).
- The ovulation test is very sensitive and can determine when your luteinizing hormone is at its peak level.
- The pregnancy test strips are very sensitive and can detect human chorionic hormone at levels as low as 10 mIU/mL.
- Both the ovulation and pregnant test are easy to use.
- Test results can be read within a few minutes (3 to 5 mins).
- Some users find it difficult to interpret the color change of the test line on ovulation test strips.
- Some users have expressed their disappointment with the pregnancy test strips after getting false or positive results on these.
How Does the iProvèn Fertility Kit Work?
Luteinizing Hormone Test Strips
The ovulation test strips detect luteinizing hormone in your urine, even at very low levels. It is important that you read the instruction manual to know when it is best to perform the test.
If you test a few days before ovulation, you might notice that the test line is pink. This is because the test strip is very sensitive and can pick up small amounts of the hormone in your urine.
- Note that a pink test line is a NEGATIVE result on the iProvèn ovulation test.
If you test on subsequent days, you will notice that the color increasingly becomes darker (reddish). If you notice a RED line, this is a strong indication that you’ll ovulate within the next 24 to 48 hours. You should start having intercourse during this time frame to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
HCG Test Strips
The iProven pregnancy test strips detect human chorionic hormone in your urine. Due to its high sensitivity, it can detect the hormone at low levels (10 mIU/mL), implying that you can test even before your missed period. The manufacturer claims that you can test for pregnancy as early as five days before your expected period. However, it is good practice to test on the day of your missed period or a few days after a missed period if you test negative on the first test.
To get the best results, follow the instructions of the manufacturer (link included here) so that you do not get a false positive or negative pregnancy test.
This highly accurate digital thermometer by iProvèn is designed to help women track their basal body temperature. Contrary to a regular medical contact thermometer, the iProvèn Clinical Basal Thermometer is a tool that reads temperature to the 1/100th degree to help you track your ovulation pattern. It measures your temperature slowly and steadily to give you an accurate result.
To know more about the features of this thermometer, including its pros and cons, and why it has one of the best ratings compared with other bbt thermometers, read our top five basal body thermometers.
The iProvèn fertility kit gives you quite a bit for the price offered. You are sure to get accurate results if your follow the instructions of the manufacturer, which are included in the kit. You can use the luteinizing hormone test strip in conjunction with temping to pinpoint ovulation. The iProvèn clinical basal thermometer is highly accurate and you can be sure to have an efficient tool to help you get pregnant fast.